2 slices sorj light wholemeal bread
2 tablespoons hommus
1/2 cup rocket leaves
1/2 cup basil
1 punnet sprouts
1 tomato, sliced
1 cucumber, sliced
2 slices avocado, sliced with a little lemon juice squeezed over
40 g goat's cheese
pepper, to taste
1. Spread 1 tablespoon of hommus on each slice of the wholemeal sorj bread.
2. Use one of the slices for the first layer of the wrap. Layer the rocket leaves, basil, sprouts, cucumber and tomato, then top with the goat’s cheese. Season with pepper. Roll the piece longways and put that wrap aside.
3. Now on to the second piece. Thinly slice avocado and place in a bowl. Use a fork to mush it and then spread on to half of the slice of bread.
4. Grab the first part of the wrap, place it on to the second piece and wrap it all together. Use sandwich paper to wrap around it again.
4. Chop it in half (try cutting it on an angle). Place on a plate and garnish with some of the extra rocket and tomato.
Quick and easy
Salads and dressings
fifteen minutes of food
Source: Modified from the original recipe by Evelyn Kennedy, Christian College. Published in the Geelong Advertiser 'Fifteen Minutes of Food' series.
Atherton Gardens IT Learning Hub Centre, 90 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy 3065
Help Desk Hours:
Monday,Tuesday and Friday 10:00am – 4:00pm
Wednesday and Thursday: 2:00pm-5:30pm
Tel: (03) 94187449
Drop in and use computers to access the internet at eACE, Atherton Gardens, Fitzroy.